This post may contain affiliate links which keeps this blog going but does not add any cost to you
Crafts to celebrate Valentine's Day
Skill Development: Creative Play
Minimum Age: Preschool
- Boxes from around the house
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with a heart emoji and unicorn!
Recycle some small boxes from around your home, cover with wrapping or construction paper, add some fun stickers, ribbon or yarn and you’ve got yourself some bright and colorful DIY Valentine boxes 💋
- Using rich theme related vocabulary and developing their oral language as they pretend and interact with their friends.
- Sorting stamps, envelopes, and packages by size and color
- Developing reading and writing skills as they create cards, postcards, and letters to mail
- Developing math skills as they count money, create receipts, weigh packages, and read the Post Office prices
- Reading labels, mail, and student mailboxes as they play
- Enhancing social skills when taking turns, sharing, waiting, controlling their impulses, and expressing their feelings through appropriate gestures, actions, and words.