When children engage in dramatic play (pretend play), they're building social, emotional, and cognitive development areas. This allows them to explore the world around them in a safe setting. As a parent or caregiver, you get to encourage your children's play. Here are a few ideas for setting up a Veterinary Clinic.
This post may contain affiliate links which keeps this blog going but does not add any cost to you
Where To Buy
How 2 Play
If your house is anything like ours, you have stuffed animals everywhere you look. Use them!
Set them on a couch, bed, floor or even make cute little DIY beds from those old Amazon boxes you have lying around.
If you have the space, set up a designated area for pretend play that encourages their imagination.
- Use baskets you have around the house and simply add the animals to them, creating their beds.
- Clipboard and blank paper allows them to write or draw. You can also create a checklist for animal check-ups.
- Read books about Veterinarians and animals.
We received this kit as a gift 3 years ago and kids still love it! We've added items to it along the way like
- Kid sized medical masks (When visiting the pediatrician, ask if you can have a few extras to take home)
- Medical syringes from children's cold medicine.
Lakeshore Learning Store:
They offer a fantastic "Vet Center" carrying kit that comes with laminated cards with details of the animals and X-rays!