This post may contain affiliate links which keeps this blog going but does not add any cost to you
Creating fun projects for exploring Recycling
Skill Development: Sensory
Minimum Age: Preschool
We discussed how to Reduce • Reuse • Recycle.
I love reusing products from around the house to play with. We keep lids from almost everything, which makes for a fun and entertaining sensory bin. These adorable tongs are from Hobby Lobby and are the perfect size for kids hands!
Learning how to use resources wisely is important and also a fun topic to discuss with kids.
- What can we do to use our resources less (reduce)?
- What are ways we can reuse items from around our home?
- What items should we place in the recycle bin?
Coloring and creating these fun wheels can help to remind us how we can help our environment.
These were purchased from Oriental Trading and the kids loved coloring them. We used our "Truffula Tree" pens to write names.
We read through our Waste Management flyer and discussed what is the difference between "garbage" and "recycle" bins.
I passed the photo of the "fish" around and asked the children
- What do you see?
- Look closer and what items can you find?
- How can you reuse items from around your home?
- What would you like to create?